:: I n t e r C i t y :: S A G A ::
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to InterCity:SAGA

A Post-Apocalyptic Sci-fi/Fantasy RPG

::INTERCITY:SAGA:: - The Discord - Update: 9-11-2022

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Record Six - The Fall of InterCity

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GMortimer
GM
GM
GMortimer

Census Status : 430

Citizen Records
Level: 100
Faction:: $?
Achievemeter::
Record Six - The Fall of InterCity Left_bar_bleue0/0Record Six - The Fall of InterCity Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Record Six - The Fall of InterCity Empty
PostSubject: Record Six - The Fall of InterCity   Record Six - The Fall of InterCity I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 12:30 pm

RECORDS OF Jenearth
Record Five
The Fall of InterCity

(2110 - 2150 A.D.)

This metropolis became the very center hub of all events that would alter the world. These are a collection of some of the stories and characters that occurred before the fall and collapse of InterCity.  

January 2110 A.D.
This decade began with the funeral of Lady Helenai Yunfahl: she was the head of The Order and Church of Light. The command of The COL was given to a Descendkin known as Regor. A powerful disciple of Lady Yunfahl. However, he alone was not able to face the troubles that lay ahead. He gathered a collection of Descendkin that he could trust and made The Church of Light one of the shining hopes that remained in the city. 

Regor wished to reestablish the TWU, The Worlds Union and was forced to plead with the next leader, President Pearce. Pearce saw it as a waste of time and refused. And so, Regor used what influence he had to gather as many ambassadors as he could from each Nation and Race. TWU had no official standing within InterCity, but the rest of the world recognized their stance.

The dead were buried. The wounded were cared for. The Walls were the first thing that needed to be repaired. And when everyone returned to their homes. The city of InterCity was more or less bankrupt. The citizens would survive on rations for years to follow. This sprawling metropolis had survived its first War, but the dream its founder, Henry Duncan had died as a result. The economy collapsed, jobs were more or less meaningless as most people chose to work for food stamps instead of a paycheck. The military was in shambles and the police force was almost non-existent. The owners of factories that employed thousands of citizens ignored the original restrictions which forced people to only hire a few magic users. Because one Mage could do the work load of a dozen workers, they could cast one fire spell and melt and craft steel instead of running a machine for hours and having to hire several people to run and maintain one machine. And when they did choose to hire normal people, people were so desperate they worked for less than minimal wages.

Record Six - The Fall of InterCity Sanctu12

Over the last hundred years, several thousand people had left InterCity to live outside the walls. They had bought land from the Naruen and helped expand The Emnest Nation. After InterCity failed, more people had abandoned the hope of building the greatest city in the world and chose instead to make their own. Several small cities sprouted up over night all over the desert. .

Criminals began to move in on the abandoned District of Redfield and they did a better job at cleaning up than the army did. However, there were still roaming packs of zombies and mutants, but forts have been constructed out of old hotels and police stations. Many pleas to government have been made to set fire to the entire District in an attempt to cleanse it, but there are still people living there. The scourge of society and people who aren't allowed to leave InterCity and don't want to partake in its laws anymore. The people who still call this District home are either criminals, mutants, those who don't have a choice and others who simply do not wish to be found. This same year, the first sign of InterCity's Underground began construction. An attempt to rebuild the sunken cities of San Francisco, Sacramento and San Jose that lay beneath InterCity.

InterCity was experiencing a rapid loss of citizens: a hundred a day were leaving to build their own towns and such in the Gerdan Desert and some even wished to make their own living in The Wildlands or make the dangerous trek to Novard. They figured the farther away from InterCity they were - the safer they'd be. President Pearce had let the city nearly collapse in his first few years. This made the citizens reach out to former President Henry Duncan, but he was nowhere to be found. That's when Pearce made the decision to close the gates of InterCity. Not to prevent an enemy invasion, but to stop an exodus. If any more citizens left, it would cause the already broken economy to totally collapse.

Without warning. Without telling the citizens what was going to happen. The doors of InterCity were shut. The gates were given their own security detail and the ten main gates of InterCity became more heavily guarded than the Arcanduit Gates had been. The Gates of InterCity would not open: not without at least four types of security clearance, full scans of all persons and cargo. Although people being smuggled into the city, they were alright with, but if someone tried to leave and got caught - maximum jail sentence. A prison within a prison. Human trafficking became very popular. Those that didn't die ended up as slaves and only a small handful managed to escape the city. Despite all the bad, it did do a little good. The economy of InterCity was able to balance itself off, only to avoid complete collapse. Maybe that was the way those in charge wanted it though. If the citizens were just poor enough to get by - perhaps it would be enough for them to not want to rise up and overthrow the government.

Not everyone saw it that way. The InterCity Resistance was born in that first year. A group that would rise in numbers, power and political influence for the next hundred years. They sought only the complete dismantling and restructure of the InterCity Political System. They operated outside the city - well, beneath it. Within what would become The Dead Zone, small fortified towns were constructed to keep not only the mutants, monsters and undead out - but the government as well.

Elsewhere in the city, the Districts had defined themselves into their own communities. Crossing into a a new District was like entering a new world. While a few willing chose where they wanted to live. Many were simply forced to because of their social status. Or even their race.

For the next one hundred and seventy plus years, the city of InterCity simply limped on. Refusing to die.For more information of not only InterCity, but the lands and the world around it. See 'The World'.
Back to top Go down

Record Six - The Fall of InterCity
Page 1 of 1