:: I n t e r C i t y :: S A G A ::
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to InterCity:SAGA

A Post-Apocalyptic Sci-fi/Fantasy RPG

::INTERCITY:SAGA:: - The Discord - Update: 9-11-2022

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Sports Page

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GMortimer
GM
GM
GMortimer

Census Status : 430

Citizen Records
Level: 100
Faction:: $?
Achievemeter::
The Sports Page Left_bar_bleue0/0The Sports Page Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

The Sports Page Empty
PostSubject: The Sports Page   The Sports Page I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2020 3:53 pm

The Year in Sports - June 6th, 2220 AD
by Champ Kindsworth

Baseball - SBL (SANCTUM Baseball League)

The East Beppa Giant Cyclops defeated the Kentwood Undead Cardinals in the opening game of the season. Marking the 100th Season of The ICBL (InterCity Baseball League). The first pitch was thrown out by Turunk Felgeist, the first Evargeist to play in the SBL - over fifty years ago. Before the ceremonial first pitch was thrown, he recounted the crowd with his tale of adversity and prejudice in the early days of InterCity when the SBL first started to let other races join in this great past-time.  

"I still remember my first game like it was yesterday. Arthural Penhurst, (one of the first Naruen to play the game) threw a fastball as hard as he could. A moment before I was going to swing, he summoned a fireball and the ball blew up and sent me flying into the crowd." Felgeist then turned to wave to former enemy and now long time friend and teammate Arthural Penjurst. "We've come a long way since those days. But we still have a long way to go.. It was a different time... A different time."

That famous game also marked the last time magic was allowed in official ICBL games. Partly because it was unfair, but mainly because fifteen fans died in the stands. One of Penhurst's many records that still remain unbroken to this day.

Chamber Ball - CBL (Chamber Ball League)

The Sports Page 86661d_4a1472a282464f23978d16227e75075a~mv2

In other sports news, The Chamber will play host to another great InterCity past-time. The Final Game of The Chamber Ball District Finals will take place between The Slum Sluggers and The Fort Dowd Hounds. For those that aren't familiar with the game. Chamber Ball is a game where two teams, armed with metal sticks play a game somewhat similar to football meets hockey in the event the floor is turned to ice. Only with the added elements of: random gravity shifts, propulsion mines, magical empowered goaltenders and random fan voted elements thrown in the game when a penalty occurs. Such as: magnetic traps, flash floods, mini tornadoes, hippie mode (where black lights, strobes and laser lights randomly go off) and the fan favorite Blindfold Mode - where all players are blinded by a curse and the next person to score win the game.

The CBL will end its 10th season Monday night and the league will then have to find out how to replace the record 5 teams lost during this ill-fated season.  The CBL has also announced the removal of the penalty of 'Alligator Mode'.  

The Pit Champions - (InterCity's Dueling League)

After ten years of rebuilding, redesign and fighting regulations from human rights groups trying to keep it closed, the owners of the Chamber are pleased to announce the return of The Pit - InterCity's Premier Dueling Arena.  The owner, Wandering Orc was forced to close The Pit's doors a decade ago due to public outcries and since opened The Chamber, a slightly more family friendly venue.

The decision to reopen The Pit came at the request of law enforcement officials who have been forced to divert man power into finding and shutting down underground fighting clubs that frequently result in multiple deaths and destruction to property as a result of The Pit closing its doors a decade ago.

Ten years ago, after a simple duel in the Pit resulted in a massive gang war that nearly set all of Main Street on fire. The city banned The Pit from hosting any more violent activity, citing that..

"Organized sports are a competition between athletes.. Duels are nothing more than legalized murder."

After that, Wandering Orc and WORC Entertainment was forced to close the historical venue and opened The Chamber in The Industrial District... where laws and regulations are less strict oddly enough.

However, last month, several outspoken and powerful citizens came out in support of The Pit saying..

"You're not going to stop these random fight clubs that are springing up all over the city.  At least in the Chamber, they are contained.  There really is no argument.  We're wasting law enforcement man power chasing these fights down from abandoned warehouse to underground subway tunnels and the resulting damage to the city's infrastructure is beyond count."  

The Pit itself, like The Chamber - is a marvel of magic and engineering capable of giving fights a wide array of fighting conditions: from reconstructing parts of the city, to a desert island with lava pools, to the surface of a meteor with altered gravity.  If this newly designed Pit can't give these gladiators a safe place to contain their violence - nothing will.  We reached out to Wandering Orc, a man of few words for an interview and when asked how he felt from this news he said the following..

"Fight good.. Money good.. Wandering Orc happy.."

The Sports Page 86661d_3a37175131a34d8cade3a1a4d5a67e37~mv2

The Pit reopens later this year with a tournament to crown its first Pit Champion in over a decade.
Back to top Go down

The Sports Page
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
:: I n t e r C i t y :: S A G A :: :: I.C.N.N. :: Top Of The Hour-
Jump to: