:: I n t e r C i t y :: S A G A ::
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to InterCity:SAGA

A Post-Apocalyptic Sci-fi/Fantasy RPG

::INTERCITY:SAGA:: - The Discord - Update: 9-11-2022

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Random Findings - Assassin GT

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Uplink
GM
GM
Uplink

Census Status : 17

Citizen Records
Level: 1
Faction:: $100,000,000,000
Achievemeter::
Random Findings - Assassin GT Left_bar_bleue0/50Random Findings - Assassin GT Empty_bar_bleue  (0/50)

Random Findings - Assassin GT Empty
PostSubject: Random Findings - Assassin GT   Random Findings - Assassin GT I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 6:50 pm

http://www.reallifeforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16973

This is a forum find from a Citizen named Assassin GT/Mihai and he wrote a story about IC. You can find the story in the link..

---------------------------------

Okay, first off, allow me to voice my thoughts, comments and random stuff that I think might be interesting before I get this thing going. Nearly two years ago (I was 17 at the time) I posted a story. The thread still exists, here it is.

http://www.reallifeforums.com/viewtopic ... ue+writing

Now, I'm willing to admit that the story wasn't all that great. I thought the criticism was incredibly helpful, especially on Blaze's part and over time I've tried to make changes and tweak my style to be much more palatable to the general reader without being too over the top. This new story actually ties in with the old one but I've decided that the history of that character shouldn't be described yet. I notice that the popular characters are the ones that get lumped in with all the others and are picked by the general public as awesome because by comparison, they just are. Usually they decide to tell that person's backstory later on because that's what people want to see. The best example I can think of is Mr. Richard B. Riddick, who's like my fucking hero in action movies just because of attitude and persona alone.

Anyway, I've got a story in mind that's taken from an IRC RPG called Intercity that I played since I was like, fourteen until I was nineteen. Obviously this made a profound impact on my life and I'd have never advanced as far as I have in writing if it hadn't been for that game inspiring me to be creative by role-playing while simeltaneously having to type it up. You couldn't get away with this stuff larp'ing or on a game like WoW. It had to be writing style. I didn't create Intercity but I figure it can't hurt to write a fan fiction of it as a sort of tribute to all the fun I had playing it. Only two of the characters in story are mine, the rest were all other players from the game except for the unnamed fodder...er...random street thugs that probably will die. If you see a name mentioned, it was a player with the exception of one, which I'll get to after the whole thing is over if it becomes a story of interest.

I'd like to stretch this story out to be as long as a novel, two to three hundred pages long if I revise it enough and stretch the plot without using filler content. I plan on using a lot of dialogue if I can because I'd like people to get to know the characters and connect to them in a way like a lot of great stories. I don't really know how much text on a computer is equal to a page in a book, though, so I'll have to sort of feel that out.

Anyway, I'm going to make two more posts in here to start with, a prologue to help you get to know the surroundings they're in and then the first chapter, somewhat of an introductory thing that's intentionally short based around one of the characters you'll see. It's kind of like a taste of things to expect. I think a lot of people will read the first chapter at a book store of something they never heard of and if they don't like what they're seeing, they'll put it back down and move on. This is to help get you interested. I see it connecting to primarily the 18-30 somethings but you never know. It's rated R so be prepared for swearing and intense violence.

Enough of my rambling. Any suggestions, comments or critiques are welcome with GREAT enthusiasm as I'm always looking for ways to improve my writing. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down

Random Findings - Assassin GT
Page 1 of 1